Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was recently scrolling through CL for the fun of it and stumbled across a couple hard tops, I currently have a new quadratop but I don't feel taking long trips with just that. I have no experience with hard tops as I'm 17. Money doesn't come easy do I don't know if I should invest in one. One I found matched with my body's color and was $850. I don't know how I feel about matching hard top and body. I also found a black one for $700. Any advice would be great.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4.0L 5spd Money pit Green
395 Posts
Pricing on a hardtop is all over the board and does somewhat have to do with the location and time of year. I went hardtop and have never looked back. In my area it's a toss up on pricing when they become available and with that said I paid $400.00. Look for one with zero damage because repairs can be a side issue you don't want to take on.
I would post a pic but you get the ideal.

My top was ratty looking but a rub down with penetrol has made if look REAL decent.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had a hard top on my CJ but needed it for winter as I only had a bimini otherwise. On my '97 only a soft top and I thought about a hardtop at the time as we were living in NH but found the soft top to be great and never bothered getting a hardtop and that was with a 45 minute commute each way mixed highway and back road. The jeep hard top though easy enough to get on and off was never something I would throw on just for a longer trip, it went on in the fall and off in the spring....

·
Registered
268 Posts
i got a hardtop for mine off craigslist and i love it , now i only use my softop for 3 months of summer . i also changed my doors 1/2 to full

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I like the all white look. If you can afford it and the top is in good shape, go for it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I also think that the white top looks great but the white will be more difficult to sell down the road if you decide you don't want it anymore. I think I would buy the black one for that reason.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would go for black also. I have a black hard top for my TJ, which I now only drive for the summer so I don't need the hard top anymore. I was going to sell for $800, but decided to keep it as my nephew might get a TJ and he will be able to use it.

You will be able to re-sell the black one much easier, and if you get another TJ for some reason, you will already have a hard top! $700 is a fair price.

·
Registered
497 Posts
back in 09 I offered 1500 for on craigslist for 6+ months and had 0 people willing to sell a black hard top, I made sure my new tj had one

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pricing on a hardtop is all over the board and does somewhat have to do with the location and time of year. I went hardtop and have never looked back. In my area it's a toss up on pricing when they become available and with that said I paid $400.00. Look for one with zero damage because repairs can be a side issue you don't want to take on. I would post a pic but you get the ideal. My top was ratty looking but a rub down with penetrol has made if look REAL decent.
wow, if I saw one listed for 400 I'd jump on that!(granted its in good condition)

·
Registered
268 Posts
took me a while to find my top and doors . got my doors first 1 1/2 away but paid 500 for them and the real prize was my top . it was listed for 200 i called the guy right away told him i would give him 250 and be there in an hour . all i had to do was clean it good and a trip to lowes for some nuts and bolts . there are deals out there just be patient and look continously . i check craigslist daily

1 - 14 of 14 Posts