Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought an 03 TJ. It came with a soft top but I wasn't sure if it ever had a hard top. No matter what I would like to get one but can you put a hardtop on jeep that came with a soft top?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Yeah it just goes right on but you have to take the entire soft top off. Frame included. Also the brackets that hold the back window to the tub. Other wise the hard top glass won't shut It bolts to the holes that are allready in the outer rails of your tub and clips to the wind shield on the same spots as your soft top does

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't the hard top have a rear wiper? Because there is no plug in the rear for a wiper and there is no buttons for anything

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Ohh yes I forgot. You will have to get a wiring harness for the appropriate year of your jeep and according to the year of the top. Any top from 97 to 06 will fit. But the plugs are different from 97 - 02 and 03 - 06
I just never bothered. Every now and then I would clean the back window at a gas station. And the rest I let the rain take care of. Visiblity wasnt any different than with the soft top window during rain or snow

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Yeah. Mine came with a factory soft top and I bought a hard top and fixed it up and put it on. Not leaks no problems. I actually just recently sold it cause I moved to Florida

1 - 6 of 6 Posts