Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Jeepers!

I've been wanting to change over to a hard top on my 2005 Wrangler but, really can't justify the cost of a new one. It seems that Jeeps never wreck around here where I live because none of the wrecking yards ever have tops for them and very few parts at all. Anyway, not sure if this is the place to ask but I'm looking for a web site where I could possibly order a used top or even an after market that doesn't require the cost of my first born. Any help would be appreciated!

:beerme:
Thanks Jay

·
Registered
02 TJ Sport
1,592 Posts
Mine's for sale......but I'm about 8.5 hours away from you.
Check craigslist and facebook marketplace daily. They pop up pretty often, but sell quickly.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I second Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. Jeeps are either rebuilt or parted out, as they don’t lose value unless they are rusted out. Rarely do they end up in junk yards. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Expect anywhere from $700-1200 for a used hard top. I got extremely lucky once and found one for free. Needed a rear window, new struts, new wiper arm, and minor SMC work. Ended up selling it a few months later for a decent profit:)

Reactions: gsindela

·
Registered
809 Posts
You need to have cash and check often. My son got one on Black Friday for a steal price of $475. Only ones I have seen at that price had serious issues so he was very lucky especially here in the NE.

Dirty but in great shape. Added the adapter plug for the wiper/defrost and he is set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
The last two I bought cost me 450 and 275 but I shopped HARD and bought both during the summer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts