Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2015 Hard Top four door with the Freedom Panels. The freedom panels have spoiled me a bit as its nice to have a big 'sun roof' occasionally.

A coworker with a 16' wrangler recently showed me the new bestop sunrider for hardtop kit which I thought was pretty cool, probably saves a few minutes on that freedom panel removal.

Then I saw some of the listed prices...and let me know if this is wrong but i saw 599 for cheap material and 699 for better material...that's just alot of money for not even half a top.

I found this like new never used softtop on craigslist for $400, looks like all the hardware is there, surrounds and stuff (the guy replaced his soft top with a hard top). Here is the issue... its from a 2011. So I think it still fits mine, and its spring assisted...but am I right in thinking it does not have the sunrider top where you can pull it back just a little bit without taking it all the way down.

I'm so used to being able to just have a little bit of the roof off I'm not sure I would want to compromise that just for an easier time getting the entire roof off.

The reason I'm contemplating a soft top is that I am going on a roadtrip from michigan to the grand canyon the week of the 4th. I'd get a cargo net for the back also if I got a soft top...

Anyway, so do some of you think a 2011 soft top for 400 worth it, even if it doesn't come with the sunrider. Or is there something third party that is a better option for me. I don't have a garage, so any third party option has to be waterproof. I'd be storing the hardtop in an extra room.

So many unknowns and a big chunk of cash at stake...I'd just like to hear what other people think of my conundrum and what others would do in my stead.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Good price, and yes it comes with a sunrider. Just make sure it has all the parts including the brackets that bolt onto the sport bar or else you'll need to order them from the dealer. Check the sticky soft top help thread.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice! Now you are going to be addicted to knocking back the sunrider which then will leave to you dropping the whole softop down.:thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts