Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get a 3 piece hard top for my 2010 JK ? with instructions for dummies on how to put it on?:)

·
Registered
234 Posts
You might be able to get a Hard Top for a 2010 through Mopar or your Dealer.

But I have not had any luck trying to get a New Style 2011 Hard Top through Mopar. :banghead:

I have been checking almost daily with both them and my Dealer since purchasing our 2011 Sport last month.. and for whatever reason Mopar says.. "they have no idea when the new Hard Tops will be available" (that's a direct quote to me from Mopar) and my Dealer can't seem to get any info either.

Here are the instructions for the 2010 Hard Tops from the Mopar website:

http://moparestore.trademotion.com/moparimages/accessory%20catalog/images/isheets/k6860714.pdf

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Bestop, Quadratec, Morris 4x4..... For sale section of this forum, ebay, craigslist.... :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tops

From what Mopar told me, they dont ship so even if the tops are available they wont ship them to you, I chatted with a rep from them. I found tops at Rally Tops, and another site called liek jeeptopsonly.com I dont remember the name exactly...they were the cheepest and offered free shipping for the Mopar 3 piece Freedom top, it was 2267.00 Check them out :)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Anyone know where I can get a 3 piece hard top for my 2010 JK ? with instructions for dummies on how to put it on?:)
where has been covered by everyone above me. how easy it is me and my son put ours in easy as pie (20mins.) and i'm 62 and he's 32.

·
Registered
234 Posts
From what Mopar told me, they dont ship so even if the tops are available they wont ship them to you
But the current problem with Mopar is that they are also not shipping the 2011 Freedom Hard Tops to the Dealers either (it's almost like, if you didn't purchase a Hard Top with your new vehicle, then you're out of luck).

And while I know that there are other places that also manufacture Hard Tops for Wrangles, I kind of want to stay with an original stock version. Especially now, since they have hopefully improved them for the 2011 Wranglers by making the rear windows larger.

·
Registered
234 Posts
So what changed between the 2010 and 2011 hard tops, with the exception of the option for a painted top at least?
Saw this quote for the 2011 Wranglers.. "drivers and passengers will enjoy enhanced visibility courtesy of larger rear windows"

I also noticed for myself (on a Dealer lot) that the rear liftgate windows on the new Wranglers are wider than the 2010 version.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Saw this quote for the 2011 Wranglers.. "drivers and passengers will enjoy enhanced visibility courtesy of larger rear windows"

I also noticed for myself (on a Dealer lot) that the rear liftgate windows on the new Wranglers are wider than the 2010 version.
I'm going to go check that out after work today. With my 07' hardtop it isn't that the window isn't wide enough, it's the rear headrests that block most of the rear view. But that can be eliminated by removing them.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I ordered a 3 piece hardtop through my dealer for my 2010 JKU at it took 2 months until it was delivered.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would suggest hitting up craigslist. I found mine on there. Just beware though, one man's "perfect condition" is another man's "scratched to hell with only 2000 miles on it".

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Yessir, InfernoGirl had it--any of those sites would get you going. Heck, Geoff the bestop guy posts on this forum all the time. I bet he could tell you almost anything you need to know.

If you want to just be bada** though you could also check out Wild Boar fastback hardtops. Then post pics so I can be incredibly envious.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yessir, InfernoGirl had it--any of those sites would get you going. Heck, Geoff the bestop guy posts on this forum all the time. I bet he could tell you almost anything you need to know.

If you want to just be bada** though you could also check out Wild Boar fastback hardtops. Then post pics so I can be incredibly envious.

True, those Wild Boar tops kick some serious a**. If I had the money it would be on my JK in a heartbeat! I love that design.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
ryko212 said:
True, those Wild Boar tops kick some serious a**. If I had the money it would be on my JK in a heartbeat! I love that design.
Seriously. $3k to $5k for a JKU hardtop ain't exactly a bargain.

BUT, if you're willing to go with a softtop, you can get a similar "fastback" style with a Trektop by Bestop. I hear everyone should wait a few months though for the NX to come out. Still, I think those wild boars have a great look . . . .

·
Registered
316 Posts

Rear visibility issues? Take the damn rear headrests off. Save thousands. Problem solved.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I ordered my top through a dealer that one of my buddies works at and gettinga discount for it, but I have to wait til' february when it will ship....why do they take so long? I wanted it before winter....that's little on the ridiculous side, isn't it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I ordered my top through a dealer that one of my buddies works at and gettinga discount for it, but I have to wait til' february when it will ship....why do they take so long? I wanted it before winter....that's little on the ridiculous side, isn't it?
Try gettin a CAT for an 05, been waiten 3 months

1 - 20 of 26 Posts