Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone happens to have their skid off, could you measure the distance between holes?
I don't think it is standard placement Even just lay a tape over it? I have a unknown origin bumper and want to know if the skid will fit. Made my own, but just doesn't look right.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Any reason you think I need to have the skid off to measure? Not sure which holes you're talking. Pretty sure I can see all mounting holes just based on the locations of the bolts. I'm going to be fiddling with the Jeep a little later here and will take whatever measurement you want if I can do it without dropping the skid (I have these PITA to reach bolts/nuts for the rear holes since I didn't get the stock style nut clips when I added my bumper from Craigslist, don't want to mess with taking those off).

Reactions: jadmt

·
Super Moderator
23,446 Posts
yup all are visible with skid in place.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be perfect. I don't think the bolts are centered with the vehicle and have different distances between. At least looking at my bumper. The holes that had the push in clips from the stock air deflector sure aren't as I've tried to line off of those once.

·
Super Moderator
23,446 Posts
I guess I am confused at what you are asking. post a photo.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah hard to explain, I get it. The arrows show mounting holes for a skid. The bolts you can see in-between are my winch. You can see the skid holes are not centered on the bumper. There are 4 holes but could only get 2 in the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
That would be perfect. I don't think the bolts are centered with the vehicle and have different distances between. At least looking at my bumper. The holes that had the push in clips from the stock air deflector sure aren't as I've tried to line off of those once.

Here are some measurements of the 7 bolts relative to each other. I guess the one I didn't measure is the left right distance from the rear bolts to the front bolts, but they look like they're symmetric, like the front bolts are. The front bolts are of course on the bumper itself, so you won't find the holes for them on your Jeep if you have a different bumper. The rear two holes are in the crash bar, so if you go looking for two holes 25 3/4" apart and centered symmetrically about the middle of the Jeep, those should be the ones.

Attachments

Reactions: ATX14 and Jerry2117

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perfect! Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts