Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2010 Sahara JKU and am LOVING it. This forum has helped so much.

One question I couldn't find an answer to is regarding the hardtop.

1) the two torx screws at the front. Is there a quick release version of those or do you need tools?

2) what is the best bang for the buck with the rear 6 screws?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm not aware of a quick release version. I think its a T50 if memory serves.

Quadratec carries the screws and the body side nuts if you need those too.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
^^^^^^ I bought some similar to these also and they work great. You do not have to use any tools to remove them. They are for the back lower portion of the hard top only. The top 2 screws that are under the freedom panels will have to remain stock due to clearance issues from the freedom panels being over the screws. But those top screws take about 30 seconds to remove with a ratchet and a torx socket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im looking to get the two top bolts under my freedom panels my roof is leaking and those are missing anyone have a link for the bolts im not quite sure exactly what i am looking for

·
Registered
8,929 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,791 Posts
Im looking to get the two top bolts under my freedom panels my roof is leaking and those are missing anyone have a link for the bolts im not quite sure exactly what i am looking for
Mopar
https://www.quadratec.com/products/11190_9901.htm
Cheaper
https://www.quadratec.com/p/omix-ada/hardtop-bolt-m8x125-97-17-jeep-wrangler-tj-jk

Also, You can use any of the hard top bolts in any of the locations. So in a pinch you could take a bolt from one of the back holes and put it in the front hole. The bolts that hold the hard top on are all the same size.
If you aren't worried about the torx head, you could always take one of the other bolts to a hardware store and find bolts that are that size and thread pitch. But the correct bolts aren't very expensive.

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,900 Posts
When I get home I'll check and see if I still have my stock bolts.....I have a 2 door so I only use the hand tighten version....if I still have them I'll pm you if you want them....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah I've had the same thought.
Seems like a strange thing to steal... Carrying a small T40 with a ratchet seems way better IMO. Like the one in the Jeep kit.

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,900 Posts
I do have them still if you want them....

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Keep your torx bolts, make the thieves work harder to steal those tops :drinks:

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
For me the quick knob/quick release bolts aren’t worth it this day in age. A Milwaukee cordless ratchet with a torx socket is so much faster.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts