Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed the Mopar hardtop headliner kit? I'm looking to cool the black baking top down a bit....

·
Super Moderator
9,102 Posts
Mopar Headliner

I installed Mopar headliners in both my Rubicon and Sahara: it was easy to do, looks good, keeps the heat out and muffles some of the noise inside.

Make sure you specify the correct model year.

Good luck,

Aldo

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. There is difference in the pre-2011 piece for the rear top... A question arises when I look at the installation instructions: If you block the top up on a 2x4 as illustrated, how do you put 20 lbs of pressure on the insulation to affix it to the top, without lifting the top? Wouldn't the install be easier if you laid the top upside down on the floor??? ala the freedom panels???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very pleased with the Mopar for my '14 JKU. Easy to install and helps with noise and heat. Be sure you clean the area where the tape goes with alcohol or ether and let it dry for a good surface to stick to.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thanks for the replies. There is difference in the pre-2011 piece for the rear top... A question arises when I look at the installation instructions: If you block the top up on a 2x4 as illustrated, how do you put 20 lbs of pressure on the insulation to affix it to the top, without lifting the top? Wouldn't the install be easier if you laid the top upside down on the floor??? ala the freedom panels???
You don't have to remove the top, just the sound bar.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The headliner is next on my list.. I am going with the Mopar headliner because the panels come pre-taped in all of the right places.. No fumbling.. The aftermarket kit gives you a roll of 3m tape and your your own.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just installed my MOPAR one yesterday. Ease of install, correct fit the first time and quality of materials swayed me. Here in Arizona where its hits 115 in the summer...this should help a lot; ive burned my hand it gets so hot. Stereo seems to sound a bit better too since sound is bouncing off soft surfaces versus the hard top. The 3m tape isnt going anwhere; make sure you set it right the first time because is isn't coming off!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Cost?

What is everyone paying for the Mopar ones? I know if they are factory installed there $495.00. The factory hitch installed on the Rubicon is also $495.00. It can be bought for under $100.00. Lots of markup in these 2 items

·
Registered
796 Posts
What is everyone paying for the Mopar ones? I know if they are factory installed there $495.00. The factory hitch installed on the Rubicon is also $495.00. It can be bought for under $100.00. Lots of markup in these 2 items
The web page says $245 for the 2 door.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Can you elaborate on why you liked the Mopar better? Was there any reason other than ease of install and price?
I liked that the Mopars were about a tenth the weight of the HH. I also liked the looks of the Mopars better. My hh did start to sag a bit between the tape strips after awhile also. Both are nice though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought my Mopar headliners on ebay. They came from a Jeep/Chrysler dealer in another state. For my JKUR, I paid $289 and that was with free UPS shipping. They arrived in 4 days on my doorstep, brand new in the box. One of the best mods that I have done. Would do it again.

·
Registered
73 Posts
reviving a dead thread, but I'm considering this for my 2017 JKU I'm about to order:

Basically, the pro's are:

Keeps outside heat from sun out more
Keeps the inside heat inside more
Helps make Jeep quieter inside
Can make sound system sound better

The Mopar freedom top headliner I can add on to my Jeep configuration when I order my Jeep, and it will come assembled already so I don't have to do anything, correct?

Anything else I should know?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Correct. It is significantly less expensive if you do it yourself, but I did not mind letting the factory install it for the difference in price.

reviving a dead thread, but I'm considering this for my 2017 JKU I'm about to order:

The Mopar freedom top headliner I can add on to my Jeep configuration when I order my Jeep, and it will come assembled already so I don't have to do anything, correct?

·
Registered
6,268 Posts

Do it yourself for half the price by ordering on eBay.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts