Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Check out the Racor lift on Amazon. Easy install and adds storage. A couple ratchet straps will hold the hardtop.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hoists are easy to install. If you don't want to do it yourself pretty much any handyman should be able to handle it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. My problem with the self install is the 10 foot ceilings in the garage. Don't own a ladder tall enough

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Thanks for the info. My problem with the self install is the 10 foot ceilings in the garage. Don't own a ladder tall enough
Ladder is probably cheaper than a handyman.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ryan, near Fox Lake. Number8, the best new tools require electricity, or can be mounted in the jeep 😜

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Ryan, near Fox Lake. Number8, the best new tools require electricity, or can be mounted in the jeep ?de1c
Sorry, too far from Yorkville. If closer, I'd have thrown a ladder on the roof and come to help for a burger and dozen beers. Surely someone closer can help a brother out?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found a handyman that would do the install. Hopefully going to be installed this week. Bring on the warm weather!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
What are the Illinois laws for taking the doors off? Do you need tube doors and mirrors or just mirrors?
Doors are not required, and you need to have at least one rear facing mirror. I personally use the hell out of my mirrors and wouldn't drive without all three.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is the hoist installed. I have engineered joists in my garage so I went with the 2x6 across 4 joists to distribute the weight. Now I just need a nice warm day to use it

image-1881065565.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts