Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to paint my hardtop.. it's a 2016 and it has scratches all over the top from previous owner... any advice on how or what to paint it with? Plasti-dip? I want to keep it black. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Go get a can of spray touch up paint from dealer. <$10 as I recall and is one of few "matching paint" colors that actually DOES match. Tape around scratches to limit spray and should be good to go.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anyone else have bubbles in their hardtop finish? One of mine has bubbles under the finish on both side near the top. They look and feel like blisters on your feet.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Reactions: kaylajku

·
Registered
623 Posts
I use the flat matte spray can paint from Autozone called Perfect Match from Dupli-color. It's an exact match and works great. I had scratches as well and use it on my hard top.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
wow that previous owner didn't give a shit about keeping them looking nice haha.
did he not realize that the bag that Jeep gives you is for the freedom panels?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Anyone else have bubbles in their hardtop finish? One of mine has bubbles under the finish on both side near the top. They look and feel like blisters on your feet.
the regular black top is not smooth like the colored ones, it has a pattern. now if you have a colored top and the surface isn't smooth as glass, that's a warranty issue and the dealer will have to correct that (ie repaint )

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Reactions: kaylajku

·
Registered
75 Posts
the regular black top is not smooth like the colored ones, it has a pattern. now if you have a colored top and the surface isn't smooth as glass, that's a warranty issue and the dealer will have to correct that (ie repaint )
I know what the textured finish is like, I have had five hard top Wranglers since 1996, but this is the first time I have ever had one with bubbles in the finish. They are large squishy bubbles like a huge blister on the bottom of your foot. They are 1/2"-1" in diameter and on both sides of the hardtop. There is obviously air or moisture trapped under them.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I know what the textured finish is like, I have had five hard top Wranglers since 1996, but this is the first time I have ever had one with bubbles in the finish. They are large squishy bubbles like a huge blister on the bottom of your foot. They are 1/2"-1" in diameter and on both sides of the hardtop. There is obviously air or moisture trapped under them.
well shit that's not good. can you upload some pictures?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts