Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2002 TJ and it came with a hard top. I noticed that the wiper wouldn't work when I turned it on....until I hit a bump in the road.

Hmmm.....electrical. Looked at the motor....clean as a whistle. Checked the wiring....it looked sound....so then I thought "what the heck" and I decided to plug and unplug all the connectors. Here is what I found.....

The plug that is directly in the hard top (it's barely visible).....well, one of the male receptors is broken, and it's stuck in the female receptacle.

Net-net - how do I get to the hard top wiring that is INSIDE the hardtop so I can install a new plug? Do I go at it from the vent?

Please help!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
It sounds like it still plugged in even though its broke. Unless I'm misunderstanding you. The more common problem with the wiper not working is the dash switch. The pilot light inside melts it. It worked when you hit a bump. That makes me suspicious of the switch. Any pics of the connection you mentioned?

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just bought a 2002 TJ and it came with a hard top. I noticed that the wiper wouldn't work when I turned it on....until I hit a bump in the road.

Hmmm.....electrical. Looked at the motor....clean as a whistle. Checked the wiring....it looked sound....so then I thought "what the heck" and I decided to plug and unplug all the connectors. Here is what I found.....

The plug that is directly in the hard top (it's barely visible).....well, one of the male receptors is broken, and it's stuck in the female receptacle.

Net-net - how do I get to the hard top wiring that is INSIDE the hardtop so I can install a new plug? Do I go at it from the vent?

Please help!
See if you can unplug it at the wiper motor to give some slack at the plug.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
image-2766012329.jpg

If you look at this picture, the plug piece (male piece) is stuck inside one of the female receptacles

·
Read Only
0 Posts
If you have a cheap automotive test light with the light bulb on the end that could help identify the broken pin. Have someone run the washer fliud, and wiper motor to see if the test light will pick it up. Start at the motor and work towards the switch. I am still suspicious of the switch. With the headlights on you should see the switch light up. If not it's probably damaged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts