Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I just recently purchased a tan hardtop off a 94 yj for my 89 yj. It went on perfectly no issues but the one thing that is a little strange is that where you plug in the electric for the defroster and wipers is different. The hardtop does have the defroster lines but it does have wipers but I'm wired for defrosters is there a way to change out the connector to have my rear wiper work???

·
Registered
491 Posts
Your post is a little confusing. How many plugs on your harness? how many on top?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I suppose you could. Have to make sure it requires the same amount of power to run I guess. If it is, then back to your original question all you would have to do is get a new connector and splice in.

·
Registered
879 Posts
89 didn't have wiper/washer on the hardtop, you'll need to run lines for it
the defroster lines should be there

·
Registered
240 Posts
what if you dont have any of the switchs and I bought a hard top with the rear defroster and wiper and got the wirers that runs off of the hardtop and to the front of the car with the switch. I just dont no were to plug in the harness to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts