Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to take the hardtop off today for the first time ever and it worked like a charm however I have a female roommate and admits it was tough for her to help lift it back on. Does anyone have any suggestions of an easy way to get it back on? We live in an apartment so leaving it off for a long period of time isn't really an option. I tried lifting the end with the window but it still didn't really work that well...any suggestions...thank you...

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Get a stronger roommate or ask a neighbor...there a couple of different lifters out there that would allow you do it yourself but they run around $900...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you have somewhere you can put in a hoist but basically a frame to grab the top, a hand or electric winch (harbor freight) a couple of pulleys and you are on your way.

·
Super Moderator
6,791 Posts
A simple thing that helps is to not put it down on the ground when you remove it. That way you do not have to lift it up from the ground to put in back on. We use a set of adjustable saw horses set to the highest position to hold the top. It makes it much easier to put it back on with just the wife and I. I would like it to be a little higher, but you also want it to be stable. Some have built custom storage tables out of wood, one person made theirs on wheels and could roll it right up to the Jeep for removal and installation.
The portable lift, or any of the various ceiling mount lift are awesome, and some day I hope to upgrade. But we have the saw horses already.

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
You live in apartments. Make friends with some neighbors and offer a free pizza or a 12 pack of beer anytime they help you put it back on. Way cheaper than a lift.
Not really. Then they will make you burn up all your gas money as driving or riding in a naked Jeep is that awesome. Nice in theory though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts