Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
I rebuilt a couple broken corners on mine with that stuff, works great.

Hand sand the edges off the crack, build up layers of epoxy. Get some good filler primer for between coats.

I used raptor liner to repaint the whole top when I was done, looks great. :)

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
My hard top is cracked also.Is this stuff mixed with fiberglass then applied to the hardtop?

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
My hard top is cracked also.Is this stuff mixed with fiberglass then applied to the hardtop?
No its applied directly to the top. Grind the crack all the way through. Tape the back side. Apply product to the front. Let dry. Use a hair dryer to heat it up. Pull tape off back side. Sand with 80 grit. Apply product and mesh backing.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
No its applied directly to the top. Grind the crack all the way through. Tape the back side. Apply product to the front. Let dry. Use a hair dryer to heat it up. Pull tape off back side. Sand with 80 grit. Apply product and mesh backing.
When you say apply product and mesh backing,the mesh backing is applied after the product has dried?How will it stick?

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Gotcha,thanks

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Ill have to give it a try.Thanks.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Just wanted to give my update.I bought & used the product Mazzy posted.The stuff works awesome.Its a lot harder when it dries than I thought it would be.My results came out great.My damage was a lot worse then Mazzys,I had holes in my top (thanks Rausch creek lol)
Krisbam,thanks for the help.I did like you said with the fiberglass & it worked good.
Thanks to all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts