Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 JKU Sahara that came equipped with a soft top only. I have put a hard top on, and now have a water leak above the rearview mirror.
I have been told that the hard top weather seal, and thesoft top weather seal are different. I have 2 questions about this:

• Can anyone confirm that this is correct?
  • If it is correct, does the hard top seal go intothe same channel as the soft top seal, or do I need to replace the channel aswell?

TIA for any help!!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Windshield Weatherstrip Top Seal

Here is the PN for a '13 hardtop and '16 softop . Both are same list price which you have in your OP.
55397454AM
WEATHERSTRIP, Windshield Header

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
The header seal is the same. Did you get an 07-08 top or a newer one? The 07-08 freedom panels latch differently than the later versions, so if you have a newer top, you may need to move your footman's loop above the rear view.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The top is from a 14, I already have the new trim piece in and moved the footman loop. The leak just recently started, so Im almost certain it's the seal.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
It's probably the freedom panel seal.
Here is a link to the OEM leak diagnosis manual.
Check it out.
It does cover a leak over the rear view mirror.
Click Here and download it from my drive.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cant access Google drives on my work laptop. I will check that when I get home, unless you have a link to somewhere that I can open. And do you mean a seal on the actual freedom panel itself?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually just ordered the top weather strip, and the kit that has all the replacement seals for the freedom panels from Quadratec. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
This seal, #10, is what usually causes the over mirror leak.

Download that manual from my Google drive and check it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts