Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you hardtoppers who keep your top off for extended periods of time ever have a problem with your threaded blocks that your hardtop bolts screw into falling out? One of my back ones fell out into the rear of the Jeep. I saw it so I took the other side out so I wouldn't lose them. Nothing really holds the rear ones in like the others. They just slide right out toward the rear. The monster amount of torque and horsepower must have slid the one right out the back.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I just went and checked and mine are kind of floppin around back there :). You can clip them into place and it seems like they should stay, but prolly smarter to just remove and store them. I'm sure they cost $20 or more a piece from the dealer.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I just thought maybe I was missing some part that held the back ones in. Never thought about puttin the bolt back in. Good call. If anyone thinks about it while they're at their Jeep, you might check and see if your rear ones will slide out the back because I don't remember them doing so before. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts