Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,667 Posts
Love the soft top, but wearing hearing aids. It is for me annoying because of the wind giving me the noise of flutter. I put on a hard top and put the windows down until i start to get that noise. Yeah, its not the same but i can live with it for my hearing
Welcome to the Forum Mguesto,

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: Mguesto

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've only owned one Jeep Wrangler with a soft top, it was a 2017 Willys with the Premium Soft Top, a $595.00 option. I was very pleased with the top, I thought it was a much quieter then the factory stock top and much heavier material, plus the fit did not wrinkle like I see in factory stock soft tops, just a better fit all the way around. This top is only offered from the factory on certain models, mainly the upper models, you can not get it on the base wrangler which I see no reason not to offer it on them, but that's what Jeep does on options.

trainman

·
Super Moderator
12,667 Posts
When I bought my Jeep it had a ratty soft top. I found a hard top for a decent price so I bought it, painted it and sold the soft top frame. I looked through the catalogs at hard top lifts and decided to make my own. I bought a light duty block & tackle along with a bunch of pulleys at Murdoch's for under $25.00 and made my own. It's just Mrs. Lucky and me out here in the country so I have to figure out how to do things myself. Mrs. Lucky is a tiny girl and can't help in removing and installing the top.

I wear hearing aids too and simply turn them off even when driving the Jeep with the hard top and doors on.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Los Angeles
1,722 Posts
I have my hardtop in storage for a prepaid 3 months.

If I can't make up my mind to keep it or sell it, I will loan the doors and top to a friend that keeps her YJ in her garage for most of the time.
She will get to use her jeep more and I will get free storage.

Reactions: Got it at last

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I think you guys have talked me into keeping it. Thanks for all of your advice.
I guess if it gets to the point of having to make it my DD I can try just bikini and doors if it’s just going to be showers.
It’s been rained in before…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mguesto

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone sell a hardtop and regret it?
I am considering selling my hardtop and buying a bestop.
This is my fourth Wrangler and the first hardtop.
It definitely has its advantages in the winter.
But I’ve always made it fine with soft tops before.
I like the ability to put my top up/down/off by myself and not having to call the neighbors when it’s time to take it off or put it on.
If we decide to sell, any ideas on what it’s worth? It’s in great, but not perfect, shape.

Anyone sell a hardtop and regret it?
I am considering selling my hardtop and buying a bestop.
This is my fourth Wrangler and the first hardtop.
It definitely has its advantages in the winter.
But I’ve always made it fine with soft tops before.
I like the ability to put my top up/down/off by myself and not having to call the neighbors when it’s time to take it off or put it on.
If we decide to sell, any ideas on what it’s worth? It’s in great, but not perfect, shape.

We love our soft top on our 2009 JK We would never want a hard top, we just wish Jeeps would go back to the old soft tops like we had on our CJ 5 as they were so fast and easy to put on and take off

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
359 Posts
I speak both hard and soft top fluently - being a wildlife photographer, which top goes on the run depends on the location and subject of the shoot. No real preference as to which one is on around home (Colorado) as both have their advantages.

Reactions: Instructor9

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m probably going to by a bestop trektop for my JK, I really don’t like keeping the hard top on, only question is about temperature, I live in Middle East and not sure how it would hold up to the heat. What do you guys think? Will it be a very noticeable difference? (Now I’m driving most of times with ac full power)

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,910 Posts
I’m probably going to by a bestop trektop for my JK, I really don’t like keeping the hard top on, only question is about temperature, I live in Middle East and not sure how it would hold up to the heat. What do you guys think? Will it be a very noticeable difference? (Now I’m driving most of times with ac full power)

I hope you are getting any color than black, the UV will fade it out in pretty short order is you get their canvas fabric, Other than that I am really satisfied with the three or four different Bestop items I have. I live in Az and don't have air in either of my YJ's, so I can't answer the A/C question.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope you are getting any color than black, the UV will fade it out in pretty short order is you get their canvas fabric, Other than that I am really satisfied with the three or four different Bestop items I have. I live in Az and don't have air in either of my YJ's, so I can't answer the A/C question.
Thanks man! Good point about the black color but no it’s is actually black, although the car is mostly parked in the basement and after the summer I will remove the top straight away and keep it open the whole winter

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just picked up a used bestop sportback for a 4 door, but am keeping the hardtop. So far happy with the seasonal arrangement, but lucky enough to have room to store the hardtop. I recommend both of you have room.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts