Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a hardtop for my 95 YJ the other day and knew previously that you will need the wiring harness that links up under the dash and runs inside the tub to the rear... I bought a harness today at Oly 4x4 in Snohomish WA... at first NOTHING in the rear worked... wipers, defroster, brake lights, turn signals, reverse, etc etc etc... found a couple wires that were cut and linked to something else at one point (its an used harness I pulled from a wrecked YJ)... :facepalm: got those spliced back together and the lights work :thumb: but the wipers and defroster dont :confused:. I double checked each and every single wire testing all of them, everything seems good and there are no shorts, but there's no power to the wipers/defroster... :banghead:

Question is this........ is there a separate switch to activate the rear wipers/defroster somewhere on the dash or do they all work simultaneously when you turn the windshield wipers on? Frost is happening on clear nights, rain is picking up out here and Id like to be able to have these features working. Help?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Ive tried quite afew different post, hours of research trying to find the answer but failed I wish you the best

·
Registered
551 Posts
I don't have much experience with hardtops, but I do know that there are separate switches for the rear wipers and defrost. There is a panel in the dash on the right of the steering column that they go in(opposite the panel that has the headlight switch) The panel has spots for three switches, fog lights, rear wipers, and rear defrost. The cutouts are covered with a thin plastic overlay that looks like it can be cut to allow the switches to be added. I'm not sure if the connectors for the switches are behind there or not though. If you go on Ebay and search for Jeep yj rear wiper switch, there are a few that will pop up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts