Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a hoist for my 11 Wrangler 2 door. I was looking at the Harken. Thoughts or recommendations please.
Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm looking too. Seems like a bunch of people use this one:

Racor PHL-1R Pro HeavyLift 4-by-4-Foot Cable-Lifted Storage Rack by Racor

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: The RACOR is the best-

When your hardtop isn't being stored there, you can keep everything-onit

If you've gotta roof rack--it's so simple to "lift" top and store on the ceiling-

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
So, is the hardtop supposed to go ON the rack? or UNDER the rack?

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D If you mean MY hardtop rack--

So, is the hardtop supposed to go ON the rack? or UNDER the rack?
I just said it was easy, cause I just use the RACOR platform and "J" hooks on my rack and "ZIP" right up, no worry about trying to string straps/ropes/--whatever-

·
Registered
487 Posts
The Racor looks to be pretty nice and a good price. I'm really considering this but is it easy to convert it to hold the hardtop? Also, it has a max weight of 250lbs, anybody know what the weight of the hardtop is?

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D The avg hardtop weighs less than 125lbs and the Racor is plenty strong forit--

The Racor looks to be pretty nice and a good price. I'm really considering this but is it easy to convert it to hold the hardtop? Also, it has a max weight of 250lbs, anybody know what the weight of the hardtop is?
I don't know what you mean by "Convert it"--there's no conversion, you just have to setup a strapping arrangement for your top, or if you have a hardtop rack thats attached to the top, like mine--you just get 4 "J" hooks and attach them to the Racor platform and hook on the rack !

There are several guys on this forum that don't have a rack and have setup strap attachments for lifting the top --

Good luck

·
Registered
487 Posts
:D The avg hardtop weighs less than 125lbs and the Racor is plenty strong forit--

I don't know what you mean by "Convert it"--there's no conversion, you just have to setup a strapping arrangement for your top, or if you have a hardtop rack thats attached to the top, like mine--you just get 4 "J" hooks and attach them to the Racor platform and hook on the rack !

There are several guys on this forum that don't have a rack and have setup strap attachments for lifting the top --

Good luck

Got it, thanks Jimbo, I'm getting one tonite. Thanks again.

·
Grampie
783 Posts
Racor website?

This is the first "mod" I want to do for my jeep. Could you post a link to their website? I have been looking at a power lift from Harbor Tool, but I like this configuration better.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I ordered my Racor lift from Costco.

As for thoughts on the Harken hoist, Harken makes quality hardware.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Roof top weight

I think the roof weighs about 90 lbs.

I am looking to buy a hoist for my 11 Wrangler 2 door. I was looking at the Harken. Thoughts or recommendations please.
Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
That Racor hoist is currently on sale for $107.12 at Amazon with free shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009I8AO6/ref=ox_ya_os_product
$119.02 on sale with an extra 10% promotional discount. $107.12 total before taxes.

Order Summary
Items: $119.02
Shipping & Handling: $41.42
Super Saver Discount: -$41.42
Promotion Applied: -$11.90
Total Before Tax: $107.12
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
Order Total: $107.12

·
Registered
201 Posts
I also just installed my Harken Hoist.......(Thanks to Joe @ Quadratec).

Very nice and detailed instructions and it works great..........now waiting on those 70-80 degree days to install my Trextop NX.

Robdog

·
Registered
85 Posts
So, for those with the Harken hoist, how close can you get the top to the ceiling? I'm assuming that since it is a four point setup, if I plan the pulley locations carefully, I can get it pretty much all the way tight to the ceiling if I want. I have a pretty tight fit above my door and I'm not sure a single point lift like the Lange or even the Racor, due to the frame will get up high enough for me.

Also, I'd like my wife to be able to lift the top by herself in a pinch. Think that's possible or should i buy a small winch or crank system. How about lowering the rig down? Is that a two person job?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts