Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jeep harness.jpg

Alright. so long story short 8 months ago driving jeep up in the mountains. hit really bad washboard. 2 harnesses pictured above came unmounted from bracket. studs broke. kinda rigged it with zip ties, also pictured above. zip ties were holding up fine until recently. i have tightened the ties numerous times. my esp and tps light blink, and the jeep runs like crap till it eventually dies. Jeep only starts back up after i get out pop the hood and reposition the harnesses. My question is what is this harnesses. what all is involved with it. how do i got about replacing or repairing and would it be costly. im assuming there is a short. Probably something to do with tps. it throws check engine light too. it always throws the same 4 codes.

P2135
P0121
P0221
P2110

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, as i am tired of being stuck on the side of the road everytime it happens. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I would separate the harness and look at the pins. Make sure they arent corroded or bent. Clean and apply dielectric grease. reconnect. ALso check to make sure that the wire/insulation isnt cracked or creased where a wire may be broken inside the jacket. Have seen this before with both electrical as well as fiber optics. Jacket looks ok but damage to inside.

If you can get vehicle running try wiggling the harness wires and see if you can make it act up.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Wow, never seen that before and live on a washboard road and almost all the roads to the trails this time of year are beat up. I have used the technique of wiggling specific wires to find the problem. Once you figure out the problem work on securing the connectors.
Had similar problems with rodents chewing on harness (they like the salt taste I guess), made a mess of an old TJ under the hood and even the rear harness of my F150 the required splicing/soldering.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking it has something to do with how well the connection is. I put like 30 more zip ties on synched em down tight and no issues since. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts