Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found it on ebay for around 220 bucks with free shipping from a company called e auto grills Ill post up a pic in a few.

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
I want to know if any of these are good too and if places like quadratec just over price them because it looks official

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Its not the same bumper as the Smittybilt, look at the clevis placements, its a copy, probably went through no R&D which is why its so cheap.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Its not the same bumper as the Smittybilt, look at the clevis placements, its a copy, probably went through no R&D which is why its so cheap.
Good god; i shudder to think of how badly a KNOCKOFF of SMITTYBILT will rust, just in shipment...

·
Registered
676 Posts
homebrwd said:
It's too good to be true

·
Registered
115 Posts
the Smittybilt XRC MOD that I just installed was a pain in the rear to install, and the full width end caps did not line up where they should of. All in all, it looks decent. Of course, it already started rusting! JK.

Rear is an E-AutoGrilles bumper. I'm happy with it, fit on easily. Of course, it could fall off tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
I bought one last week, different model but same company. I ordered on Tuesday and got it 4 days later. The packaging sucked but the bumper is solid. Direct bolt on and the welds and powder coating looks great.

Jeep Wrangler TJ YJ Front Bumper 87 06 Tubular Rock Crawler | eBay
Mind getting a close up of the welds? I'm curious as to the skill-set level/value of time aspect of the price. It looks like several hours of work for one person.

side note: Smittybuilt products are manufactured in China. That's another discussion for another thread though. Buy American when you can.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I own the bumper the op is looking at. It is a good knock off and the only thing I had to modify to install the front was trim the swaybar cover. If u do purchase, I would recommend spraying it right away. I've had it for a year and now have to spray it with some bedliner in the summer. No biggie though. Not bad but it's starting to flake.

Also if you plan on using it for recovery or winch, make sure to purchase grade 8 bolts(not included). Forgot the size but look up the smitybuilt bumper on q-tech

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the post guys, I do app. the help im deff. going to purchase one, thanks for the pics also. I figured with all the members on here some body had purchased one or seen one on some bodys jeep.

Thanks Again
Hillbilly

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I ordered the bumper and recieved it today, installed it with no issues ! Bumper was exactly as described. Well made and looks great, going to put the winch on tomorrow. Shipping was normal speed from out west, about a week. I replaced the factory bolts with grade 8 1/2 x13x 1 1/2 with a washer and lock washer,,, used a impact srewdiver and wacked each one then used a impact gun set to one above the lowest setting they all came out with no trouble. all and all it was a great day no broken torx bits or rounded out bolts (counting my blessings with each one that came out.) I give this bumper a thumbs up. Ill post pics later had to send my i phone out for repairs.

Hillbilly

·
Registered
981 Posts
Well I ordered the bumper and recieved it today, installed it with no issues ! Bumper was exactly as described. Well made and looks great, going to put the winch on tomorrow. Shipping was normal speed from out west, about a week. I replaced the factory bolts with grade 8 1/2 x13x 1 1/2 with a washer and lock washer,,, used a impact srewdiver and wacked each one then used a impact gun set to one above the lowest setting they all came out with no trouble. all and all it was a great day no broken torx bits or rounded out bolts (counting my blessings with each one that came out.) I give this bumper a thumbs up. Ill post pics later had to send my i phone out for repairs.

Hillbilly
aannndddddddd get ready to take it all back off. Should have waited a day, bud. The bumper has to be off to install the winch. I did the exact same thing due to excitement. :facepalm:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No I didnt have to take the bumper back off, but would have made the back two winch bolts a little quicker. I just placed the bolts up thru the bumper and set the winch on top of them there is enough room to do this you just have to use a wrench to tighten them, the slowest one is by the steering box you wont get a lot of travel with each turn. would of been quicker with the bumper off but it still wasnt bad. ( Imped the bumper you have in the pic will not pass inspection here they have to come out past the inside edge of the tires and not so good for brush either but cool though.)

Hillbilly

·
Registered
981 Posts
Okey silly dokey yo, maybe I'm an idiot. That happens.... a lot sadly.
I think I thought of trying to put it on with the bumper on for as long as it took me to remember its only 6 bolts to pull the bumper LOL.

Either way, glad ya got it on and its what you wanted out of it. As long as you like it, piss on the rest of them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts