Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 700 dollars a protectant that goes on the inside and outside of the jeep and you don't have to even wax it.....wanted to ask before the jeep comes in a they talk me into it. Thanks

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Don't waste your money. 100% dealer profit, 0 customer benefit... RUN!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Up Hill Bill said:
Don't waste your money. 100% dealer profit, 0 customer benefit... RUN!
Lol...fantastic advice!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
When I bought my MINI they tried to sell something like this too me. They even had the certificate made up with my name on it to pressure me into buying it. When I said no he accidentally put the card in my paperwork. So every 3 months for the first 2 years I owned it, I went to the dealership, showed them my card, and got a free detail with paint sealer. Thats what they get for trying to rid me off.......Payed off when I traded it in on my Jeep cause I got $20k trade in for a 2.5 year old car that was $27.5k when I bought it.......

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Snot worthit-

Even though I've still had to wax the OUTSIDE of my jeep--

I never had to wax the seats or dashboard-

( I did try a little on my tranny knob), ah-wax I mean !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

PS--just kidding--don't waste your money !

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
If it is Xylon I had it done to my 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe and it's worked amazingly. I'm constantly getting comments on how the paint looks brand new.

I actually got hit and the front fender does not have the coating, you can actually feel the difference when you run your hand down the side. The dealership I ordered the Jeep at told me they would re-coat the repaired area for me at no cost. Probably due to us buying 2 cars at the same time from them.

The interior has been done also and I've spilled a coffee on the floor mat and had it just puddle up. No stain or soaking in at all. I can only speak of this particular coating and from my experience, but I will have the Jeep done based on this. I will be hauling 3 Labs and my grandson so any help with clean up will be welcomed.

Read some other auto forums and get an idea of others have experienced with it. Good luck on your decision

·
Registered
2,591 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Having applied the stuff at a detail shop-the one thing I'd suggest-is the fabric protectant. It doesn't prevent stains, but we could always tell a vehicle with it or not when we steam cleaned. With it-they come clean much faster and easier. Everything else is a waste IMHO.

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
718 Posts
I would not do it. Waste of money. There is no wax out there that lasts forever. To take care of your paint, you have to wax your car at least once a year.

The undercarriage stuff - I have heard mixed reviews but I would still not do it. I have never done it for any of my cars. Make sure you wash your jeep nicely after trail rides.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If I can recommend something too-I've been a convert to Zaino products. You need to apply them correctly-in order and quantity (not very much) but it works amazingly well. I've got some bottles of Xylon at home too-we couldn't sell it-works well, but hard to work with. If it dries, it's a PITA to buff out. My vote is Zaino for paint and leather-I've even converted Groits guys in my MBZ and Porsche club ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
For 700 dollars a protectant that goes on the inside and outside of the jeep and you don't have to even wax it.....wanted to ask before the jeep comes in a they talk me into it. Thanks
My dealer added it to my Jeep without asking me. They also added Nitro to the tires WITHOUT ASKING ME.

It was a dealer trade and as soon as it arrived, they went nuts adding BS to my Jeep.
I was really angry but went along with it because I felt that I didn't have a choice. I slept on it and wrote a letter telling Chrysler what a bunch of A-holes they were. When I went to the dealership to have a chat with the sales manager, they were already bending over backwards trying to undo this mess.

There is no proof that this was added, just their word, for what that is worth, but they did agree to refund every penny that I paid for the add ons.

What sucks is that I trusted these guys. We had spent a few months developing a relationship and in one evening they destroyed everything by adding this to my bill. If I didn't ask for it, assume I don't want it. And if it is invisible and I can't see it, IT DIDN"T HAPPEN!

One dealership that I went to had a "Sierra Mountain Package" for $3,500. I asked them what it was. After listening to his nonsense I finally asked him to point to it. He asked why. I said that if I am going to spend $3,500 for a Sierra Mountain Package, I want to touch it. He finally admitted that it was their "Mark Up". That is why I will never do business with Reno Toyota.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Don't get me started on that stuff. The dealer tried to talk me into it. I am an avid car detailer, and I know a thing or two about wax. Someone mentioned Zaino earlier, it is a great product. Zaino hides the defects in your car. I am more inclined to remove the defects instead of hide them.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If I can recommend something too-I've been a convert to Zaino products. You need to apply them correctly-in order and quantity (not very much) but it works amazingly well. I've got some bottles of Xylon at home too-we couldn't sell it-works well, but hard to work with. If it dries, it's a PITA to buff out. My vote is Zaino for paint and leather-I've even converted Groits guys in my MBZ and Porsche club ;)
Zaino is an excellent product. Have used it for years and it provides unparalleled depth and clarity while offering awesome protection far above what regular wax does. It is a bit of work to apply the first time because of the two step process but after that it's a breeze.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
If it is Xylon I had it done to my 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe and it's worked amazingly. I'm constantly getting comments on how the paint looks brand new.
I had that stuff put on my 2008 350Z. Got suckered in by the "it lasts 5 years and you don't have to reapply it ever in that period" line. So I followed the directions of touchless washes only. 18 months later I'm trying to figure out why my paint feels like crap. Clay, polish, seal, and a wax later and the paint looks and feels better than it ever has. I'll never get the dealer installed "protection" junk ever again.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I had that stuff put on my 2008 350Z. Got suckered in by the "it lasts 5 years and you don't have to reapply it ever in that period" line. So I followed the directions of touchless washes only. 18 months later I'm trying to figure out why my paint feels like crap. Clay, polish, seal, and a wax later and the paint looks and feels better than it ever has. I'll never get the dealer installed "protection" junk ever again.
I guess I just got lucky. I've never taken my car to a car wash and my husband put a soft water outlet in for me to wash it. It does spend 90% of the time in the garage or covered lot at work. It only has 48,000 miles on it so maybe it's just not used enough to have any negative effects show.

I love the Z's, really love the new 370's :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts