Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with worn or leaky fuel injectors in their yj? I have a new fuel pump and all new sensors and when I'm on the freeway for a while holding the throttle in the sane place when I shift into neutral the rpms dont drop right away. Then may go from 2000 to 1500 then 1200 ect. Also after restarting the engine after 10 to 15 minutes it starts rough then is fine. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
552 Posts
OK..injected YJ means 4cyl... but is it an early YJ with the TBI, or a later YJ with individual injectors?

I have an '88 and complete injector replacement for my TBI was only $25..individual injectors are anywhere from $30-$70 apiece

so you might want to make sure it's actually an injector problem first

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK..injected YJ means 4cyl... but is it an early YJ with the TBI, or a later YJ with individual injectors?

I have an '88 and complete injector replacement for my TBI was only $25..individual injectors are anywhere from $30-$70 apiece

so you might want to make sure it's actually an injector problem first
Its a 91 4.0 so it has 6 injectors on a rail.

·
Los Angeles
1,060 Posts
I am not sure that it should drop to zero when simply pushing in the clutch or taking the transmission out of gear.

It starts rough like flooded? If an injector was leaking, it would have more of a flooded start. If you have a fuel pressure regulator that is not working right, it could act fuel starved when trying to start it.
Check your spark plugs and see what they look like.

Do a search here for "Fuel Regulator" and see if that sounds like what is happening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts