Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered this kit and am having some install issues. I installed everything but I think I am missing a piece that covers the wire running up to the factory brake light.

If you have this kit can you post what came in the box? Mine came with a bag of screws and two pieces of metal (the main piece that bolts to the tail gate and the extension piece where the tail light sits).

When I install the piece that bolts to the tail gate it only can go on one way due to the cb mount. The second piece that the tail light sits in can only go one way also due to the fact that the tail light sits into it. The problem is when I bolt everything up there is no metal covering where the brake light wire is run as the pictures in the instructions show.

I will post pics tomorrow but any ideas?

·
Registered
876 Posts
I ordered this kit and am having some install issues. I installed everything but I think I am missing a piece that covers the wire running up to the factory brake light.

If you have this kit can you post what came in the box? Mine came with a bag of screws and two pieces of metal (the main piece that bolts to the tail gate and the extension piece where the tail light sits).

When I install the piece that bolts to the tail gate it only can go on one way due to the cb mount. The second piece that the tail light sits in can only go one way also due to the fact that the tail light sits into it. The problem is when I bolt everything up there is no metal covering where the brake light wire is run as the pictures in the instructions show.

I will post pics tomorrow but any ideas?
Why all of the fuss? I just cut my stock one off with a hacksaw and loved every minute of it...:thumb:

002 resized.jpg

Worry not "Little One"!

50 Something

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't buy the extension to use as an extension. I am using it as I have an ACE bumper so lost my third brake light.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I didn't buy the extension to use as an extension. I am using it as I have an ACE bumper so lost my third brake light.
I guess you didn't understand me? F' the 3rd brake light! Hacksaw, stock? Take it to the recycle stand! I think this crap is worth about $2.00?

50 Something

1 - 5 of 5 Posts