Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of my front seat recliners have issues. They both appear to be stuck on one of their pivots. The driver's seat is ok because it is reclined enough to be comfortable for me but the passenger seat is a bit too upright for my wife. When I pull the lever both seats seem to move on one side (pivot) but not the other. I assume there is some sort of "ratchet device" on both sides and it is controlled by a rod mechanism that passes through the seat back from one side to the other. I have searched and searched and have not found any write ups or videos yet. I have received several search hits but most people just brought it back to the dealer to repair under warranty but my warranty has long expired. Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Warthog, in case you haven't solved the problem, I had the same issue with the back seat. Eventually my son removed the seat completely, then used a screwdriver to gently force the ratchet to move. Hope this helps! It is probably an African bush-mechanic solution and no doubt someone has an idea with more finesse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts