Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need something for those really hot sunny days to keep the sun from roasting my face. i rarely wear a hat, but i thought of keeping one in the console to have when the sun is very strong. i also thought about getting a spiderweb shade. i know just about everyone that has one loves them. but i prefer the open feel of the top being off. so i would only use the spiderweb shade on the days when the sun was at its strongest. i live in the mountains of NC, so it doesn't get near as hot as some other parts of the world. so having the top off without any shade is bearable on most days (as long as you stay moving).

so i can't decide which to get. by the time i buy a nice hat or visor to keep around, i'll probably spend around $20. which is comparable to the spiderweb shade at around $45-$50. which would you guys have if you were in my situation? bearing in my mind that each will probably only see use a few days (possibly weeks) out of the year.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wear a hat most times and have a Spiderweb Shade on my jeep. But I live in Arizona. Its a bit sunny here most times.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Took a 1 hour drive with our new Spiderweb Shade and the afternoon sun. No cap on, but on the way back wish I'd had it, as the sun was coming down at the right angle to get in around my sun glasses. I just swung and extended the visor and all was good. I had my cap under my seat but didn't want to stop to pull it out. I prefer the ride without the cap though.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I keep 4 hats in my jeep just in case my passengers need them. I also have a spider shade. The sun always finds a way to sneak through gaps in the shade and hit you right in the eye.

The spider shade does reduce the complete open feel, but it makes highway driving more bearable.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
spiderwebshade or dirty dog shade

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love my Spiderweb Shade. The wife's car is a convertible and I have no choice but to wear a cap when I'm with her. The wind buffeting it around and "removing" it for me is a pain, even with lid leashes. In the jeep I get to enjoy the feeling of the wind in my hair - okay, on my scalp and in what little bit of hair I have left.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Ditto on the Spiderweb shade. They sent me one several years ago. It lasted longer than I thought it would in the AZ sun. Lasted me about 2 years before the bungees and the material started disentegrating from the weather out here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts