Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new to me Rubicon came with Procomp 35x13.5R/20 tires. Holy crap these things are expensive, heavy and more mall crawly than i really want. So my i'm wondering if I should try to trade them to a tire store (can you even do that) or just wear them out, and replace them with what i really want. The only problem is, is that they are like new (very little millage on them) and I don't figure I'll put more than 5,000 miles a year on em..

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
Put them up for sale in the classifieds here and on some of the other Jeep forums. You can also throw them on craigslist and claz.org. See if you get any bites then go get the tires you really want.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I figured it might be hard to trade them in. The only problem I have with selling them is, I will be up on blocks till I can get the new tires and rims ordered. hehe..

Heres a pic of what I have. Good looking just not real practical

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah they are Fuel Gauge D504 20" rims

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a better pic. What do you think they are worth, if I were to post them on craigs list. Like I said the tires are like new, the rims have a little road rash on them, but not much..

·
Registered
11,035 Posts
holy crap dude I just did the math. New, those pro comps on those rims x5 retails for around $3500 :eek::eek:

not sure how that would translate to used

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I priced them out new, and was like HOLY S***!.. I would love if I could sell them for enough money to pay for new rims and tires, and maybe a little extra cheese burger money.. but i'm not sure the local craigs list crowd would be interested in spending that much..

The tires are like $470 a piece and the rims are about $235 a piece..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just remember you will need new sensors with new wheels(unless you keep your old ones, tire shop will probly charge a small fee) Sensors could run 30-60 bucks a pop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts