Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This weekend I sprayed my JK grill and the plates that join the windshield to the body with Rustoleum bedliner. I love it, and will be doing my door hinges next! It looks so cool, I'm thinking about doing my entire CJ5 in bedliner when it's time to paint that project vehicle!!!

I also purchased a new insert for my trailer-hitch receiver. I painted it with bedliner too because I didn't like the green.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
That looks really good. :thumb:

Love the claymore motîf.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow, looks amazing.

I am going to jump into this project this weekend. How did you go about covering the bolts on the windshield plate? And how are you planning on spraying the bolt/pin that slides into the door plate?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How did you go about covering the bolts on the windshield plate? And how are you planning on spraying the bolt/pin that slides into the door plate?
I removed the windshield plate to paint it. Just remove the bolts, and the plate comes right off.

When I do the door hinges, I'm gonna remove the doors from the Jeep and then tape off the hinges. One guy on this forum removed his hinges from the doors before he painted them; there are disadvantages to that, but should be the best option if one wanted the best paint job on the hinges. But I felt the disadvantages outweighed the advantages.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts