Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the most inconvenient times I have to turn the key on and off several times before I can get my 2007 Jeep Wrangler to start. When I turn the key on I hear a single click but the starter will not turn over. I replaced the starter and still have the same issue.

Has anyone else had this issue and could you help me out on how you fixed it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
In my previous 2008, had the same issue. Swapped out the clamps on my battery cables (and battery). That's what worked for me. Those rings can corrode and lose clamp strength. Before replacing, check that they are tight and not covered in corrosion. I routinely take mine off, clean with a baking soda/water solution and scuff the insides with a light file to get good metal to metal contact.

·
Registered
33,930 Posts
I ran a 2nd ground 6 gauge from the Neg battery to the alternator bracket and no more starting problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 07 it does the same thing every so often. ...im pretty sure it's the Neutral safety switch!!!!!! When it won't start put in neutral and then try to start it. sometimes I have to shift through the gears then try to start it it. It always starts...

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts