Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Recently I had gotten in an accident which left me with a damaged oil filter, bent front passenger leaf spring, and the body shifted forward. I had bought a Rough Country 2.5" lift in order to replace the bent leaf along with the others (yes I know RC's reputation but I'm a broke college kid, I'll put up with it). I had gotten the front leafs on but I cannot get the leaf center pin to line up with the hole on the axle (I don't know the name). The pin on each sides seems to be off a bit to the center of the vehicle in both instances. Is this normal or did I tweak something larger?

Thanks,

Jake

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm sure somebody who knows more than I do will offer their opinion, but it does sound like something may have gotten thrown out of whack as a result of your accident.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Do you have the leaf springs torqued on? Or are the bolts still loose? So you are saying that the "pins" are too close together? Your frame would have had to twist out at the top and in at the bottom. This is possible. What did you do?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The springs aren't torqued down yet I left them loose. The pins aren't lining up the hole on the axle they're supposed to be seated in.

As for what I did. It was raining out, one person hit their brakes hard to get over into the lane where he could make the exit. Then the person in front of me hit their brakes, I did and I slide right into him. Pretty square impact.

·
Registered
91 Posts
An are the springs in the correct way?? meaning by accident is the front mounted in the back an visa versa. How far off is the pin from lining up?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Could be a bent frame, but I wouldn't rule out just yet the Rough Country springs as being the source of the problem. The 2.5" springs are known for having fitment issues.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Swap sides with them, it should not make a difference but who knows. Do you have a stock D35 rear end? if not someone may have installed the perch in the wrong place.

·
Registered
699 Posts
When I installed my RC lift, I bolted on the 'non-shackle' end of the leaf, then lined up the pin/hole on the axle. Then I bolted on the shackle. Everything lined up ok, but I did have to compress the spring (lower the vehicle) to get the bolts holes lined up vertically. I ended up using 3 different jacks to tweek it into place.
(had a high lift on the vehicle, a scissor jack and a small bottle jack on each spring ... and jack stands of course for safety).

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I did my lift and hard the jeep in stands and the suspension loose and hanging I was having the same problems. Took off the track/pan hard bars and made the difference. The bars moves the axel off center. Its a yj just take them out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts