Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done installing the Yeti tie rod and drag link, but I can't get the steering stabilizer installed. I used the Synergy relocation bracket and the Yeti clamp, but the stabilizer is at a weird angle and it doesn't look right. I can orientate it so it fits correctly, but the the head of the bolt is hitting the boot on the attenuator. If you look at the picture I attached, it shows what I mean. I tried to rotate the clamp so its pointed towards the differential like I've seen others do, but it puts the stabilizer at too much of an angle, and won't fit on the clamp. What should I do? I don't want the head of the bolt to run the boot...

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
My attempt to flip the picture didn't work...

Trying to flip the picture...

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What if you remove the shield can you angle it back more ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
No, I don't think so. The relocation bracket seems to be pointing down at an angle, but the tie rod clamp bolt is completely vertical. I'm going to take it all apart and give it a fresh look today.

Here is a picture of the bracket, which will probably be upside down for some weird reason...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Trying to flip the picture...
I have the same issue and I'm installing 3/4" spring spacers today to hopefully add enough room between the drag link and tie rod. I have been running the steering stabilizer in original passenger mount side position and tilting the stabilizer to back side of axle. It only touches full lock and had it that way for 5k miles or more. Yes, I damaged the bellow on the attenuator a bit until I moved it. I'll post back tonight if I solved the issue. My springs have sagged/compressed about 1/4" with extra front weight. The yeti stuff is great , but with bottom mount drag link and no lift you will not have enough clearance in my experience. Even without a ss bracket the tie rod and drag link would just rub together.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's the design of your relocation bracket. I have Old Man Emu relocation bracket and stabilizer, combined with the Yeti tie rod and stabilizer bracket. The relocation bracket design puts the stabilizer at a good 45 degree angle rotation towards the rear of the Jeep. And that would make your bolt clear the attenuator boot. My 2 cents. And BTW, if you need time to sort this out, just unbolt the stabilizer from the tie rod and zip tie it out of the way. You'd hardly feel a difference. I've done it, I know. Good luck.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm getting ready to go mess wth it again. Now I'm wishing I would have upgraded to 3.5" springs and went with the top mount drag link.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I think nkoulian is correct, I didn't see you were lifted initially. Change that mounting point with another bracket and you will be fine. Try the stock position for now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think nkoulian is correct, I didn't see you were lifted initially. Change that mounting point with another bracket and you will be fine. Try the stock position for now.
I had the same issue with the stock position, it's like the bolt on the clamp needs to be and inch or two longer. Or come with some sort of special fastener.

I followed the instructions and it worked a little better. They said to turn the steering wheel all the way to the right and install the damper 1/4" from being 100% compressed. Everything lines up pretty good this way, but with the steering wheel straightened out, it appears the damper is being stressed. The rubber ends are helping it adjust to the angle. I'll post some pictures in a little while.

I'm going to email a picture to Steer Smarts, as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the back side of the clamp:

Front side:

Synergy bracket:

Finished product:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks!

You think this looks ok?

The angle it's at makes it seem wrong. I unbolted it today to see if I could make the stock location work better, but after I loosened the bolts I realized it's not under any stress.

I have put about 20 miles on it and the steering seems a bit dodgy. I'm guessing I didn't get my toe dialed in enough. I will take it for an alignment after I get my TF alpine arms installed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, it doesn't bind at all.

The dodgey got worse after the steering upgrades. Maybe it's amplifying the caster issue due to how solid the steering is. Who knows. I will put the Alpine arms on Friday and then take it for an alignment. I'll start @ 23" on the arms and see if my fuzzy math can get me to 4.5* of caster.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was certain that that head on that inner bolt for the synergy bracket would have made contact with the trackbar so I left it out. I might have to take another look.

Thanks
I'll double check. I knew it wouldn't fit the other way, but the instruction said to put it with the bolt head facing the track bar, and it seem to work. It didn't seem to contact but I will double check just to make sure.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'll double check. I knew it wouldn't fit the other way, but the instruction said to put it with the bolt head facing the track bar, and it seem to work. It didn't seem to contact but I will double check just to make sure.
from the instructions, I was guessing that bolt would be used if it was be used in conjunction with the trackbar relocation bracket.

3. Attach the two additional 3/8 bolts to the factory track bar bracket. If you are not using this bracket with a track bar relocation bracket you will need to install the inner bolt with the bolt head on the inside of the bracket or omit it completely, depending on interference with the track bar.

I just put my finger there and guessed that it would have hit during articulation. hahaha.... Thanks for checking it out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Have any of you running the Synergy relocation bracket with the Yeti tie rod and bottom mount xd drag link have any clearance issues?

I currently have the Yeti tie rod, Yeti track bar and Synergy bracket installed and plan on getting the xd drag link in the future however clearance looks tight during articulation as it is. This is on a 2.5" lift.

To contribute to the current discussion, I had to mount the inner bolt head to the inside to get the track bar in. Didn't realize not installing that bolt was an option (didn't read instructions).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts