Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always regretted not doing one of these for Red-5, just to keep track of everything, so going to start one for the new Jeep. :)

Rogue Leader
2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
Granite Crystal Metallic
Purchased 15 Feb 2016

Ordered/on the way:

• JWS 8700 Evo J LED headlights
  • Mopar JWS Fogs for HR bumpers
  • BOLT hood lock
  • AntennaX stubby antenna
  • Mesh grille insert

About to be ordered:

• AEV 2.5 Dual Sport XT suspension
  • AEV geo correction brackets
  • AEV Procal
  • 16" Level 8 Tracker Pro wheels
  • BFG TA/KO2 315x75Rx16
  • Custom vent covers/grab bar

More to come ...

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Granite Crystal HR...:drool:

Awesome start! :thumb:

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you need more armor on this one! :mooning: Looks good, have you driven it around or are you keeping it safe in the driveway? Lol
Hah, well hello, stranger! How've you been?!?

I just moved from DFW to San Antonio, so it got driven heavily last week, but it's also only a week old. :p And I'm still major paranoid (/salute) when approaching green lights, afraid another genius will run a red light and ram into me. My poor lil JKU, Red-5. :nonono:

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Beautiful! Good luck with the build!!

-Steven

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
Hah, well hello, stranger! How've you been?!? I just moved from DFW to San Antonio, so it got driven heavily last week, but it's also only a week old. :p And I'm still major paranoid (/salute) when approaching green lights, afraid another genius will run a red light and ram into me. My poor lil JKU, Red-5. :nonono:
So is this the move you've been talking about for a while? How do you like San Antonio? Definitely have to drive defensively nowadays! Things are good here. I bought a new tow rig this fall. Starting to piece together parts for the next step of my build, got 37's, next is the Ori Struts, then start actually building.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So is this the move you've been talking about for a while? How do you like San Antonio? Definitely have to drive defensively nowadays! Things are good here. I bought a new tow rig this fall. Starting to piece together parts for the next step of my build, got 37's, next is the Ori Struts, then start actually building.
Yes, hubby is in the Army, stationed here. It's not bad; traffic sucks, but expected that, since the city is so big.

Sounds like you're busy too!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Awesome!! Great list of mods to start off with. Enjoy the new Jeep!! Be sure to cut open the vents on that Hard Rock hood, RubiconSS has a thread on it in this forum. Its super easy to do with a dremmel and a small cutting wheel :winner:.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome!! Great list of mods to start off with. Enjoy the new Jeep!! Be sure to cut open the vents on that Hard Rock hood, RubiconSS has a thread on it in this forum. Its super easy to do with a dremmel and a small cutting wheel :winner:.
Thanks! And I saw that post! Hubs has a collection of Dremels so I'm going to look into this today. :)

---------

More stuff (just for track-keeping purposes):

• Hardtop headliners
  • Door sill guards
  • Teraflex HD hinge & tire mount

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Nice build! Love that color!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts