Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am new to my Wrangler. I have a 2010 Sahara. I have a question about the headlights. When you turn the key on the headlights automatically come on. Is there a way to make them only come on when I turn the switch on the column? I cant sit blacked out with it the way it is.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Hi guys I am new to my Wrangler. I have a 2010 Sahara. I have a question about the headlights. When you turn the key on the headlights automatically come on. Is there a way to make them only come on when I turn the switch on the column? I cant sit blacked out with it the way it is.
On a 2010 JK there is no EVIC and no auto headlights so adjustments can't be made. You should have remote entry so the factory setting is when you unlock it the headlights will come on and then turn off when you start it. The only way that can be disabled on a 2010 is the dealer has to do it with their scan tool. It can't be done with a Flascal or Procal. As far as lighting, only daytime running light settings can be done on a 2010 with the Flashcal and Procal. However, if when you start it the headlights come on as daytime running lights, either the previous owner used a Flascal or Procal to set up DRL's, or the dealer could have set it. Unless it's a Canadian spec JK then the DRL'S would be automatically programmed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. Mine is the daytime running lights. I want the lights to be on only if I turn them on. I don't mind the lights on when I unlock as long as they go off when I turn the switch off.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Thanks for the advice. Mine is the daytime running lights. I want the lights to be on only if I turn them on. I don't mind the lights on when I unlock as long as they go off when I turn the switch off.
An AEV Procal, Superchips Flascal or the dealer can disable your DRL's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I went to the local dealer. He seemed lost. He said he can turn them on but can't turn them off. I felt he didn't want to worry with it. Said $90 just for him to look but didn't think he could do it.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Yeah I went to the local dealer. He seemed lost. He said he can turn them on but can't turn them off. I felt he didn't want to worry with it. Said $90 just for him to look but didn't think he could do it.
What the dealer said doesn't even make sense and it's not accurate. Their Starscan or Starmobile scan tool can enable/disable DRL's. I would forget that dealer and spend approx. $160 on a Procal where you can take care of the DRL's and a number of other adjustments that you might want to make at some point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since I am new to the Wrangler, could you help me with what other items I can adjust? Thanks for your time. I agree the dealer was really lost. I could tell right from the beginning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts