Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to brighter headlights - factory lights are incredibly dim.
whats the brightest and most reliable - that wont break the bank???

·
Registered
536 Posts
I don't know how to link other threads when using the mobile app. Do a search and you'll find some good reviews. The most popular that are DOT approved and work well with our Jeeps are from most affordable to high end are:
Quadratec Stealth LED Headlights
KC HiLiTES LED Headlights
Truck-Lites LED Headlight
JW Speaker 8700 Evolution J Series

The first three hover in the $400 range while the JW Speaker can range from $500 or so on a good sale to $800

·
Registered
517 Posts
For around $150 you can get Cibbie H4 housings, cable adapters and better bulbs. Best bang for your buck.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
For around $150 you can get Cibbie H4 housings, cable adapters and better bulbs. Best bang for your buck.
have to agree cibie lenses are way better than the hellas ive ran them both and the cibies have a better overall pattern on the road and for $80 for the pair its a great way to go

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got the Vision X led and compared to the H4 we have as std in Sweden its like night and day :).

This was the first thing I did to the Wrangler since its a matter of safety.

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
I have Vision X also and am very happy with them. But they are very pricey even when you get a deal.

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Peterson LED headlights are very good. (They make the KC HiLIghts LED). Just cheaper.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Don't cheap out on headlights. I've done this so many times in the past with different vehicles. I've had leaks in aftermarket housings, aftermarket bulbs burn the inside reflector because of temperature, etc. Not to mention with the latest model JKs, you have to worry about LED flicker, getting load resistors, etc.

I love my JW Speaker 8700 evolution J. You can get them around $475 new around here.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I had the Petersons on my 2012. They were very solid. Great value.

I'm back in the market myself again. Trying to see what's still the best value.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
+1 for the Cibie's (my most recent upgrade) for around $150-175ish.

Living in the snowbelt, I didn't want to risk snow / ice buildup that's common on LED bulbs.

Excellent light pattern! I can now see the whole road and in white not yellow-orange. Nice!
Aimed the cutoff at 4" below centerline at 25' (no lift, stock height) and nobody flashes me.
Great info at Daniel Stern Lighting.

2 x "Cibie 082440" from Amazon
the rest from Quadratec [send PM to Rick here]:
2 x MOPAR headlamp adjustment screw 55078114AA [DEFINITELY WORTH IT!],
1 x KC HiLites H13 to H4 6307 (pair)
1 x PIAA H4 bulb (pair) Extreme White Plus 15224

I'm happy with the upgrade. YMMV

1 - 12 of 12 Posts