Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife bought a new Jeep.I seen they have headliners .Are the worth the couple hundred dollars?
She said it gets cold .But just asking opinions and what are the better ones on the Market.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,607 Posts
Yes, they are worth it.

I have the Mopar Headliner on both my JKs: they keep it toasty inside in winter --especially in the rear-- and cooler in summer; they also muffle noise down.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just put the Mopar headliners in my 2015 JK and highly recommend them. Definitely reduces outside noise, interior sound from stereo is improved, but I can't speak to keeping heat or cold out yet...its been like spring here in Texas since I installed them....
The finish and quality of the product is excellent as well.
It will be money well spent.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I just put the Mopar headliners in my 2015 JK and highly recommend them. Definitely reduces outside noise, interior sound from stereo is improved, but I can't speak to keeping heat or cold out yet...its been like spring here in Texas since I installed them.... The finish and quality of the product is excellent as well. It will be money well spent.
It's been an awesome winter here in Dallas minus the tornadoes the day after Christmas.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
We installed the Boom Mat headliners from Quadratec in ours a few years ago. They're a great help with insulation and also to reduce noise. They were also somewhat less expensive than some other options I looked at.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I recommend the headliners. Put the Mopar headliners in our 2016 JKRHR two weeks ago and immediately noticed the difference with the heater and noise. Now I really hear the BFGs. The Alpine system sounds great. Ordered them from Amazon.

Installed them with the top on. I did remove the Freedom panels and dropped the sound bar. Not sure that has to be done.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
They definitely make a difference. It takes less time to cool and heat the interior with them installed. I went with the premium Hot Heads with side panels.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I also think they are absolutely worth it. Warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer, cuts the road noise, improves the sound of the stereo and in my opinion they really improve the looks of the interior over the all white top.

I made my own out of foil lined insulation and black headliner fabric. Took me a day and less than $100 if my memory serves me right.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guess I was off on a couple hundred dollars.
Hot heads for the whole set
384 with 15% off.
Might look at the mopar ones

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Another thing that should be standard on all hard tops. Who would not want headliners? Frickin MOPAR!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hotheads by Ambrose Upholstery. Great folks to deal with and awesome service. Had them over three years now and would buy from them again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm also going to put the Mopar liners when mine comes in. The reason I chose Mopar is that their kit includes lining the rear windows. Which the others don't include.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hotheads by Ambrose Upholstery. Great folks to deal with and awesome service. Had them over three years now and would buy from them again.
I agree. Did tops and backs in my JKU. Easy to work with and a well-made product.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
HotheadHeadliners here, too. Black matches the '16 JKU interior without being "too dark". Significant improvement in warmth and sound (I added the silencer strips, which even comes with roller tool).
Watch for their sales - especially around holidays.
Install videos are spot on. Since it uses 3M VHB tape, prep is important (wipe with 50/50 alcohol/water after acetone cleaner) and be sure temperature is above 50F for a couple days.
Outstanding company / folks and product. I'm extremely pleased.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts