Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Wrangler Rubicon (2-door) with a 730n radio with Infinity speakers. Most of the sun protector had flaked off, I scrubbed the rest off a little too strenuously and there's a little bit of scratching. Now every once in a while, I hangs up on whatever source I'm on and won't change. Great news! It means I'm in the market for a new head unit. Recommendations? And when Crutchfield says "some modification required", how big a job is that?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have a 2012 Wrangler Rubicon (2-door) with a 730n radio with Infinity speakers. Most of the sun protector had flaked off, I scrubbed the rest off a little too strenuously and there's a little bit of scratching. Now every once in a while, I hangs up on whatever source I'm on and won't change. Great news! It means I'm in the market for a new head unit. Recommendations? And when Crutchfield says "some modification required", how big a job is that?
How big a job? Depends on the head unit and the vehicle. If you're going double din, then there's a metal bracket you'll have to unbolt and remove in the radio slot. There's a vid on you tube showing it. Other than that Crutchfields will provide all the written instructions you'll need to make the swap... AND they'll stay on the phone with you till the install is compete, it's working and you're happy if need be.

They're an awesome company with ever awesomer customer service.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts