Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm trying to switch my head unit for an aftermarket (Sony XAV-AX1000) and I've wired up the included "vehicle specific" harness to the Sony harness. When I plug it in, it won't turn on. I've checked the pinouts, and what appears to be the radio's illumination wire matches up to the vehicle's dimmer wire. The vehicle's illumination wire has no counterpart on the radio harness. Should I splice the radio illumination in to vehicle illumination, or is that not my main problem? I've tried 2 different grounds, although I'm not particularly confident in either. I dont that have a bolt that properly fits the factory ground, since the original bolt screwed in to the stock radio.

Here is a picture of what I'm working with:

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Make sure both fuses are good.

You should have 12v power with the key off from the pink/white wire on the very far left of the left connector in the photo from fuse 25 in the PDC & 12v power when the key is on from the pink wire next to it from fuse 15 on the fuse block behind the glove box.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Make sure both fuses are good.

You should have 12v power with the key off from the pink/white wire on the very far left of the left connector in the photo from fuse 25 in the PDC & 12v power when the key is on from the pink wire next to it from fuse 15 on the fuse block behind the glove box.
I was not aware there were two fuses, didn't even think that was something I needed to look up. Thank you!

·
Registered
13,908 Posts
The two factory harness plugs do not contain s ground so the new radio needs its ground wire connected but not within the harness plugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts