Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a way to program the radio to a lower volume when restarting the jeep, or to "normalize" the volume levels between input sources? Or perhaps even choose a default startup input (like the CD player if the Aux isn't an option). Here's my problem. I listen to a lot of bluetooth streaming from my phone. I get to my location and leave the vehicle and when I restart the vehicle, it reverts to the radio which is WAY louder than the bluetooth level. If I remote start my car, I can hear the radio blaring away. I try to remember to turn it down before turning off the jeep but would love another solution. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
There is no way to do what you are asking.

Best solution, lower the volume before turning the vehicle off.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Or turn up your Bluetooth volume? My S5 makes me manually dismiss an idiot warning, but then I can turn it up louder.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
New head unit will take care of that..
I had a similar problem - my Bluetooth level was 1/4 of the radio or CD.. My new 4100NEX lets me set the level for each input.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
When my Bluetooth doesn't connect, the radio reverts back to the last source before the Bluetooth was used. So I use the built in hard drive that has my mp3s on it, then change to the Bluetooth (iPhone Pandora). If my iPhone does not connect, I don't get some obnoxious radio station trash. Try using your CD then Bluetooth and see if that helps.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm almost always streaming bluetooth audio too, and know exactly how you feel. The only solution I have found is to use an aux cord. Connecting and disconnecting the cord upon entry and exit is probably worse. I guess another reason (or excuse) to ditch the horrible stock headunit.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
You could also turn up all the equalizer bands on your Bluetooth device, making it louder, to better match your other sources.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts