Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Fear The Post Count
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out Saturday for our first trip to the motherland. Any suggestions? Must hit trails? Must eat at places? Must avoid places?

All of us are 3.5" or higher on 35s

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Fins and Things and Hells Revenge are almost musts.... Beyond that, Poison Spider, Kane Creek and Clff Hanger. I always enjoy those. But the the possibilities are endless and it's hard to go wrong since it appears you are probably set up well. Have fun.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Congratulations on your first time to Moab! I've only been once and its a "magical" place haha.

As far as trails go I would recommend Fins and things, Hells Revenge, Poison Spyder, Moab rim and Metal masher.

I only ate at one place while there and it was the Jailhouse café and their breakfast was awesome!

Have fun! :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
What our group calls The Trilogy is a must - Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim. I've done it in 6 hours, and 12, so be prepared for a long day.

Porcupine Rim isn't great wheeling, but it's ok, and the top is leave-my-ashes-here-when-I -die beautiful. Do it early in the morning or late in the afternoon.

Zax for pizza, Jailhouse or Moab Diner for breakfast (closed on Sunday). McStiffs and Moab Brewery for beer, Woodys if you don't mind needing penicillin for a week afterwards.

There are two things you have to take when going to Moab: your income and your women. You won't find either once you're there. :)

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
This will be my first time going to Moab as well. I signed up late, so I didn't get the best trails.

Friday = Chicken Corners. Scenic, but it's really just a dirt road.
Saturday = HellRoaring Rim. Not difficult, don't know much about it.
Sunday = Fins and Things. Really looking forward to this one.

I'm hoping to be able to adhoc group with people for Poison Spider and Hells Revenge.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Definitely check out Eklecticafé for breakfast for sure!! They have some bomb biscuits and gravy! Also if you have a well equipped Jeep chekc out Poison Spider. Gives a great view of Moab.

·
Registered
39 Posts
how would stock hard rock do there might be are summer vacation just starting looking in to it
In my opinion a stock jeep is the best way to learn Moab if you have never been! I started in a 1991 stock wrangler a long time ago. It taught me how to drive a trail where my tires needed to be and kept me out of a bit of trouble that I thought I could handle. But really had no business messing with...

Some of my best memories are in that jeep and I still do some of the the same trails when I am down there with my 15 year old son, now he is learning on them, it is a beautiful amazing place.

·
Registered
685 Posts
just moab as a whole most of my off road has been muddy trails through the woods never had this jeep off road would love to take my 95 but it is a 14 hour trip for me

·
Registered
685 Posts
the hard rock is still too new to get scratched up could some of the trails be done without scratching it up much thats why i would like to take the 95

·
Fear The Post Count
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This will be my first time going to Moab as well. I signed up late, so I didn't get the best trails.
You talking about some sort of jamboree or something for Easter Jeep Safari? Thats the next week, we'll be gone when all that starts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
the hard rock is still too new to get scratched up could some of the trails be done without scratching it up much thats why i would like to take the 95
Yes,
Gemini bridges
Klondike bluffs
Onion creek
Yellow cat
La sal mountains
Amass back/ Kane creek canyon
Canyon lands
Thunder mountain by goblin valley
My fingers are tired of typing, pretty sure there is plenty to do...

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
You talking about some sort of jamboree or something for Easter Jeep Safari? Thats the next week, we'll be gone when all that starts.
Yes - this is for EJS2016. I signed up late, all hotels were already taken. I rented the last cabin available otherwise I would've just brought a tent and camped out. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes - this is for EJS2016. I signed up late, all hotels were already taken. I rented the last cabin available otherwise I would've just brought a tent and camped out.

Late Newbie also .....

I'll arrive on the 16th, celebrate St. Patty's day (my birthday) on the 17th in MOAB and enjoy the festivities through the weekend.

If anyone wants to connect while you're in Moab, just let me know.

Will be at Canyonlands Campground in downtown Moab.

Scott

·
Registered
21 Posts
Moab is crazy beautiful this morning - ready to hit the trails with Jeep corporate leading trail rides.
Here's Tyler Ruby's Jeep (blue)....

So many remarkable custom Jeeps in town this week in Moab (aka Candyland)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 56 Posts