Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are different rubber strips along the top of the windshield on JKUs for hard top and soft top?
I have tried 4 different headers with my shift top and they all gap at the outside corner. It's almost as if the curve of my windshield doesn't match the curve of any of the headers.. 馃

Registered
What year is your JK? I recently learned that the first couple years (I believe just the 07/08s) did have a slightly different windshield. I think mopar made an adapter to use later style tops with the early year JKs

Premium Member
What year is your JK? I recently learned that the first couple years (I believe just the 07/08s) did have a slightly different windshield. I think mopar made an adapter to use later style tops with the early year JKs
First was a '15 with a Craigslist top from unknown year. Second is a '17 with a Facebook marketplace top from a '17.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a '14. The top is an EXO top. It's the second I I've had. I love the top, but I've never been able to get the front to fit properly. Several different headers, aftermarket and factory. Rigged Ridge put up with lots of questions from me, but no one can explain why the header just doesn't fit.
You can see how it flares up on the ends. So I began to think maybe it is the vehicle.

Registered
Same windshield, same frame, same seal since 2007. Older jk 2007-09 had a different footman loop placement but still the same frame. 2007-2008 used a plastic header on the factory softtops and they would warp from the sun and either the ends would pop up or the center would gap and leak. I warmed mine up with a heat gun and reformed it to fit properly and that worked for quite awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts