Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Rubicon that I have been wanting to put some after market headers on. I currently have a Magna Flow Exhaust kit and I'm just looking for headers that would go well with that exhaust. I don't want something too loud, just looking for something that's a little throaty but not obnoxious especially at higher speeds.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have a 2006 rubicon. I put on the banks torque tube header. 500$ wasted in my opinoin. Didnt do anything for power or mpg or sound. And yes i saved my manifolds so if it ever cracks its going bye bye.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2006 rubicon. I put on the banks torque tube header. 500$ wasted in my opinoin. Didnt do anything for power or mpg or sound. And yes i saved my manifolds so if it ever cracks its going bye bye.
I was thinking maybe AFE or Borla but I'm really hesitate because of their prices. I think my CAI and exhaust will be enough though. Still want people's feedback though

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
I was thinking maybe AFE or Borla but I'm really hesitate because of their prices. I think my CAI and exhaust will be enough though. Still want people's feedback though
the CAI will not do anything except lighten your wallet and let craploads of silica dust into your engine. the exhaust is just going to change the sound, not the power.

if you're looking for more power, you're looking in all the wrong places. regear your axles.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the CAI will not do anything except lighten your wallet and let craploads of silica dust into your engine. the exhaust is just going to change the sound, not the power.

if you're looking for more power, you're looking in all the wrong places. regear your axles.
Not much I can do. I already installed it and I've noticed some difference in power.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I replaced my jacked up factory manifold with a Banks torque tube header. Built solid. no problems like I had with the factory manifold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts