Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi. And welcome. Why would you need to replace your headers if you go mudding?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told by friends, so that the motor gets more hp. I bought the jeep on August. I have put in 3.5 lift, 35's, superchip and 4.88 gears. It has worked well like that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Also, headers might net you a 10% increase in HP, but your tires aren't going to notice that. As they say, "there is no replacement for displacement" and to get big HP gains, you need an engine change, or change aspiration modes (turbo or super charger).

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Yeah, headers are something you should consult one of the forum Automotive Engineers on, not word of mouth.

Jeeps are like houses, you shouldn't really be looking for problems, they'll come and find you.

I know we like to make mods, bumpers, lifts, lots&lots&lots of lights, etc., but I'm pretty much drawing the line on my engine - it's there, it works and it passes emissions and gets good enough gas mileage. If I had the inclination (and was off warrantee) I'd go for more torque, not more HP and you don't need headers to gain torque.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
I am lost guys...too new for this....Rubicon has different engine size?
No, same engine in all models. They made the 3.8 engine from 2007-2011 and the 3.6 Pentastar from 2012 to current. Unless you're referring to the foreign models in which case have a diesel option.

·
Registered
384 Posts
2012+ comes with the 3.6 which is a much more powerful engine. Header in my experience are expensive, and require a lot more maintenance. If you are serious about wanting more power then just get a supercharger. After you buy and pay to have headers installed its really not worth it especially if you plan on DD. You also have to really consider what you want to do with your jeep. more hp= neeed for stronger components for the drivetrain especially for offroading.

·
Registered
471 Posts
im not sure about your model and year, but on mine, it is typical for there to be cracks and holes in the exhaust manifold... so, in those cases, I would suggest going with the headers.... you will be fixing something, and allowing the motor to breathe easier... all in the same effort

plus, it will sound BADASS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts