Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think i may have blown a headgasket or have mess a head. how much do u think this will cost? and how hard is it to do your self? thanks for all the help

·
Registered
42 Posts
i work at a machine shop. i can give you prices but that might change from what your looking at local.

for you to get an accurate price on repairs, you need to be able to look at the head. that being said, whats it doing?

steve-o

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
overheating, leaking a little oil the shop said bt 600-1000 what do u think?

·
Registered
42 Posts
well, the overheating can be diagnosed.
are you getting compresion in the crank case? how bout the cooling system?
you should be able to locate the oil leak also.

that being said, say it is the head gasket blown and you wnated to up the $$ and rebuild the head. your still gonna have to take a close look at it.

the guides might be worn ect.

we charge 425 for a valve job but that includes the seat,valve work seals upgraded to a teflon pc type seal, tip height set ect.
then add another 100 or so for a surface of the head.

its goes up if the guides are worn and need replacement and or honing. same with the seats.
i would say that they are in line with what to expect.or real close.

steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha i checked everything and it ended up being the gasket around the them. was leaking and the them. was not working right. i need to remeber to check everything b4 guessing what it is

·
Registered
153 Posts
baboonhands87 said:
ha i checked everything and it ended up being the gasket around the them. was leaking and the them. was not working right. i need to remeber to check everything b4 guessing what it is
Well now, that was an easy fix huh?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea about 11 dollars, 3 something for therm. 3 something for gasket, and about 4 something for the silicone just for extra saftey
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts