Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the drawbacks of having various mods on our Jeeps is the cost of putting them right when it all goes wrong! Our Kahn special Jeep has some kind of after market headlamps which Kahn call ' military crosshair headlamps' these are a definite improvement over stock. Today, I went out to the Jeep and noticed the offside headlight unit smashed! Various words were uttered, most of which are unprintable on this gentlemanly forum. Spoke to the missus who denied all knowledge of any incident that may have caused such a mishap when she drove to see her Mother on Saturday,( and pigs might fly). Anyway, quick e mail to Kahn special automotive and no, we couldn't just buy the glass, but we needn't buy the pair yeah!! We could by one, ok, ready? Including taxes and delivery £312 that's about $525 ! Ffs! I bet if I was replacing a stock headlight it would cost just a few dollars, I know I wouldn't be able to see anything but bloody hell........ ! Had a quick look on line to see what was available but anything decent over here is just, well, ridiculous.
Ok, rant over , the missus is going to buy the new unit but, honest , this all so flipping ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I thought you guys had the good H4 reflector housings with better bulbs from the factory, on your side of the pond?

·
Registered
203 Posts
In the picture I just looked at of Kahn jeeps, those look like conventional headlights with a just piece of trim over them. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The old headlights had been left in the back, as far as I can remember they were Hella lamps. As for the lights on there now if it's just a bit of trim then they are sure as hell expensive! Hadn't taken to much notice of them up till now but it looks like the there is some kind of LED low beam/ parking light and a blue halogen main beam bulb in there. When I take the thing off I'll get a good look and see what the configuration is inside. For $500 I expect to find hidden treasures one could only dream of!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did think of replacing the whole kit and caboodle, checked out the price of JW 8700 ( limited supplies over here of after market mods ) one or two companies import them in, seems that most are for RHT whereas LHT configuration needed here. But as an excercise I checked out the overland site. A pair of JW 8700 LED headlights would cost £870 that's about $1460. Oh, and these are on a 'special offer' !
Once I get this sorted can anybody recommend a headlamp protector/ cover, I've seen one advertised is it GTS? They seem to do a clear plastic one, definitely don't want a smoke one.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I've never seen a Khan JK but I have seen a Khan Range Rover. Your Khan is high end customized vehicle so in spite of the cost of the JWS headlamp you are lucky you didn't damage the bumper and wheel on that side or could be looking at total cost ~$5000.

You could buy a set of cheaper lamps or the original Hella's if you still have them until you decide to get the JWS.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Going to stick with ones already on the jeep, the missus managed to get a 15% discount! I bet the mark up is enormous.

image-4140130168.jpg

image-1103722221.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The grill is part of the package that can be purchased for the wrangler. Already on there when I bought the Jeep.

image-299259042.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, they're only 245 silent armor. I will upgrade but need to get some miles out of these first.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I won't bore anyone any longer after this, but does anyone think that the Delta headlight replacement looks the same as mine? Delta 01-1198-smdw has Hi/Lo xenon bulb and an LED city bulb exactly the same as mine. They look so similar......... or is it just me?

image-2617580435.jpg

image-1941959314.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts