Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good solid solution out there that I am unaware of......my Passenger side headlight bucket is all screwed up :atomic: and am trying hard to get a proper lock in my headlight aiming.....:banghead:

some links of videos or product link would be helpful....any information is helpful...

Sandan

·
Super Moderator
4,581 Posts
I am not sure I follow...
There is a screw (torx) to adjust up and down, screw it in for down and out for up as I recall. The stud for side to side can be replaced with a screw tha allows you two axis of adjustment, otherwise you likely only get the one.
If the headlight bucket is broken you may need to fix that first.

·
Registered
531 Posts
both axis can be adjusted
the torx screw adjusts up and down.
this can be easily done no disassembly with a torx screw driver .

to adjust side to side you have to remove the grill and headlight
inside the housing there are 2 plastic 13mm?? nut adjustment screw pins left and rt
this is the part that many replace with a new torx screw.
there isn't much room inside the headlight bucket but you can use a wrench to make adjustments without replacing it .
screw out the side that will push the beam in the direction you want
its a pita because you get only like 1/4 turn per wrench bite,and you need to reinstall the headlamp to check aim.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the info, my passenger side bucket is popped out of the screw head from one end and i think 2 of the trox screws thread are no longer holding.... ordering that bucket today hopefully that will fix it....

sandan

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so I have these 2 parts in my cart on amazon....just planning to have all parts before I dive into this..

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V40JPVA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A27HP35N2ID31P&psc=1

and

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B007O3AN26/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1T4TLQPKV602J&psc=1

How many of each will I need per side... And whatis the function of the pivot stud....just trying to figure out the setup....can someone direct me to a detailed breakdown of how exactly the headlight adjustment system works on our jeeps...

Sandan

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok will do......I have ordered the above 2 parts and will be deep diving into fixing the headlight and will post some pics...

sandan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts