Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 90 yj, and the head lights suck. well, they don't suck, they just aren't aimed right. driver side is down and to the right, passenger is just down. i tried adjusting the top and side screws which i though would move them, but did not. it just dawned on me that the light housings may be stuck and need to be "loosened" for me to properly aim them. i just tried to align them with no luck. tomorrow, durring day light, i will see if they are stuck. if not, what else should i do?? i've aligned lights in the past, so i know what to do, but this is the first jeep i've had to do.

just so you know, i pulled up to the garage door, marked the spots with tape then reversed about 15-20 feet. and while i adjusted the screws there was no movement.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I just went through this on my 91. Try some type of penatrating oil on the housing screws & when you adjust them, I found about 30 feet or more away worked better. You'll be able to see the light move easier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts