Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The parking lights on my '97 TJ were working, but I had to wiggle the switch to get the headlights on.
I just installed a new headlight switch, and the parking lights worked, then would turn off when the headlights came on. Then everything went out. Checked the fuse, and it was blown. Now when I pull the switch, the fuse keeps blowing.
This is my first Jeep, so I don't know much about them, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Sounds like you need to recheck you switch install. You make it sound like you’ve crossed up some wires.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Also check the headlight wiring harness through the firewall and under the hood to ensure no frayed, bare, or burned wires shorting to a ground.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I replaced a multi function switch in a car and during the re-install I pinched a small wire between the top and bottom plastic shroud around the steering column. It ended up cutting the wire which prevented the wipers from working. Bottom line: check your install to ensure the wires are routed correctly and tucked out of the way of mounting hardware.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts