Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for some time now the only headlight option I had was brights. When I would switch to normal lights they would just go out. I know it is probably a bad switch in the steering column. Well last night on my way home the brights started to cut out on me, giving me the obvious sign that I can procrastinate no longer, I must dig into the steering column and replace the switch.

Has any one replaced this switch? If so, what am I looking at as for time? What are some things I need to be aware of and any tips, tricks and advise is greatly appreciated.

3 speed automatic

Thanks gentlemen!

·
Registered
638 Posts
The headlight dimmer switch is part of the Turn Signal Switch system. They make Tilt wheel ones and Non Tilt wheel

Gonna need a Philips and a Steering wheel puller (Harbor Freight works fine).

First time I did it it was pretty easy.

Part:
MasterPro® Ignition 2TSS2 - Turn Signal Switch Combo | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Heres a writeup for an auto though:
http://www.2carpros.com/questions/jeep-wrangler-1995-jeep-wrangler-how-to-replace-turn-signal-switch

VERY good info here:
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm#service
(If it doesn't show select Online Repair Manual, Jeep Wrangler YJ, 1993, Turn Signal and it will show the FSM on how to replace it.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
The headlight dimmer switch is part of the Turn Signal Switch system.

Gonna need a Philips and a Steering wheel puller (Harbor Freight works fine).

First time I did it it was pretty easy.

Part:
MasterPro® Ignition 2TSS2 - Turn Signal Switch Combo | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Basically:
Pull the turn signal lever out. Pull off Horn Button. Use Phillips to pull out the 3 screws. Use the puller. Unscrew the switch. Loosen the Steering wheel shaft under the dash (4 bolts) and feed the switch connector back up...install new one and feed the connector down. Screw in, bolt in and your done. Pretty easy
this is different than my 87, the head light dimmer switch is located on the outside of the column under the dash. easiest way to change it is lower the steering column.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Actually RoadyRob is correct!

LOL sorry about that.

My 93 FSM is in pieces on PDF and beginning to wonder if it's accurate as it's misinformed me on a different issue.

Looked up a 94 and it's as RoadyRob says.

My mistake.

Gonna go talk to Ebay about a interesting FSM.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts