Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I always get great advice so here goes. I bought a used 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Oscar Mike. I LOVE it!!! I have never owned a used vehicle and have always bought new Honda Accords. I am a 30 something female that knows nothing about cars. I had the front and rear bumpers replaced and the front grill. They really weren't damaged at all but had a few scratches and I have such OCD. I also had the fender flares repainted. I am pretty much keeping everything stock. Don't laugh!! $3,000 it looks great. I noticed last week that the driver's side headlight could be pushed in and out. I took it back to the body shop. I told them it was not like this until the grill was replaced. The price for the bulb/bracket was $140. I didn't want to haggle so I paid half. I noticed yesterday that the driver's side headlight was out. I brought it back today and the mechanic....the two owners were not there....stated that it was not "plugging in". He finally got it and off I went. I went over a few bumps today and guess what....the light is out again. I'm so pissed!!! What do you think he meant by not plugging in? I'm not paying for anything more and am so annoyed. I actually had to head home tonight early because I had....one headlight...cue music!!! LOL!!! If I can't go over any little bump before it goes out....I'm heading there tomorrow but don't want to be clueless. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Stock headlight?

Either way, the headlight has a connector that plugs into another connector on the vehicle harness behind the headlight. The headlight's connector must be pushed all the way in to the vehicle side connector, and the red locking tab engaged. If the connector is not fully seated with the tab engaged, it could come lose and cause the headlight to go out.

Of course, it could be as simple as a burnt out bulb if you have stock headlights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts