Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m usually reluctant to post these types of questions and I apologize in advance but....
I put a 2.5” lift and then a 1” leveling kit on my Jeep, common sense says I need to reposition where my headlights are aimed?
Is there any online resource I can use to do it myself rather than going to dealership?
Thanks for the help fellow Jeepers

·
Registered
845 Posts
Take off the grill and adjust them via the adjustment screws. I believe they're torx screws. Just be sure you turn the screws the same amount of turns per side. Stand 50ft in front of your Jeep. If they blind you still, adjust them down a little more till you're happy. Youtube videos are plentiful on the whole procedure.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Its easy to do. Pull up as close as you can to a wall that has level ground leading up to it. Measure from the ground to the center of you headlights. Transfer that measurement to the wall, use a piece of tape to mark it. Now back up straight 25ft from the wall. Aim your lights to 2" below the mark on the wall.

As for the actual adjustment procedure, you'll need a T15 driver. The adjustment screws are on the upper right of the drivers side light and upper left on the passenger side. Counter clockwise lowers the beam, clockwise raises it. A small turn goes a long way so go very slowly while aiming

1 - 5 of 5 Posts